Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Birth of a Collection

Don't you just love when a plan comes together? I feel like I've neglected so many things lately, but the truth is I've been really busy. It's funny how you feel like you haven't accomplished much until you see the plan start coming together.

I was approached by a store in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico, that wanted to carry some of my jewelry items. Knowing the clientele of the store, I decided to develop a new line of jewelry that will cater to the customers and be sold exclusively at this store. The funny thing is, I envisioned my finished display in my mind, and needed to achieve the picture somehow (cart before the horse?).

Necklace with magnetic pendant




I began designing and creating the jewelry. This collection is mostly cowboy/cowgirl themed, in Southwest/Americana colors, using turquoise Magnesite, coral and pewter. I'm also introducing a line of magnetic pendants that are hooked on a necklace with a magnetic bail. These pendants can be easily removed and worn on any necklace!






Today I started placing items on the display shelves. It's exactly as I pictured! I'm still finishing some pieces to include in the initial delivery, but the idea has come together. I now feel like I have accomplished something.
Pieces from my "American Spirit" Collection




So, a new collection is born. Items in my American Spirit Collection will be available February 15, 2012, and sold exclusively at 2105 South Broadway Street in Truth or Consequences, NM. For information, you can call Kathy at 575.894.3736. The store is open Tuesday through Saturday, 9-5 .

4 comments:

  1. Really nice collection....love everything Silver and Turquoise together ..
    also nice display :O0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elaine! Designing the collection was a challenge, I need to try to keep the prices under $40.

      Delete
  2. Yay! Am so glad you posted this so I could see what you've been working so hard on! Hope these fly out of the case! Good luck, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catherine!!! Today I delivered over 50 new pieces. I've had "tunnel vision" for the past week, but now that the collection has been delivered, I can get back to "normal", whatever that is :)

      Delete